Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Quinoa Jambalya

A few weeks ago, while on Pintrest, I found this awesome site with a ton of clean eating recipes. Since then I have tweaked and modified a lot of them so my family can eat them. One of my new favorites is Quinoa Jamabayla!

Here is what you need:
1 zucchini chopped
1 onion chopped
 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
All of that is in one bag that I had meal prepped last Thursday.
2 Red bell peppers diced, also in a bag from meal prep.
4 Chicken breast cutlets, cooked in Weber's N'Oleans Cajun spices, also meal prepped.
1 can chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes (no salt added!)
1 pound of shrimp
1 cup dry quinoa
And this go around I added 2 links of Hot Turkey Sausage.
I did not meal prep the sausage, so while that is cooking, I sauté up the zucchini, onion, garlic, and peppers.
 Add in your chicken broth, diced tomatoes and quinoa.
Bring this to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
 Add in your meats.
Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Uncover and then boil off the excess water.
With this you will not get it completely dry like most Jambalya because the quinoa does not absorb water the way rice does, but it will thicken as it cools to serve!
This recipe serves 4.
Serving size is 1.5 cups.
Ingredients may vary so I recommend making a recipe in your personal myfitnesspal app, for a more accurate logging.
I also really really like spicy food so I add cayenne pepper to it for more of a kick.

Thanks for reading!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment