Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Meal Prep

Want to know my secret? Meal Prep! I sit down every Wednesday and plan out every thing I am going to eat for the next week!
This does two spectacular things:
1. keeps me on track
2. saves us a lot of money!
This is my chart for this week. How do I choose what I am going to eat? There is this awesome, I mean awesome, app available for free called My Fitness Pal. I log everything in here, it seems like it would be a lot of work but I don't log as I go through out the week, I log once a week checking my percentages as I plan my meals.

For example: I am trying to keep my percentages at certain levels. Ok, so with that in mind I know the majority of my 1200 calories need to be protein based. Lets take Wednesday's numbers for example.

On Wednesday of next week I will have:
Breakfast: 1 scoop Shakeology, 9tbs 100% pasteurized Egg Whites, and 10 oz of unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk
Lunch: 6 slices of Boars Head Maple Honey Turkey with tbs Athenos roasted red pepper hummus spread out evenly in the slices and rolled up! Thanks to my team mate for that amazing suggestion!
Snack: 7.5 oz chicken (I buy the pre cooked tyson ready griller chicken for these, they are clean and super easy to use) one zucchini, one squash, 1/4 white onion, a clove of garlic and a little salt and pepper sauté up
Dinner: 8oz chicken breast cubed, 1 potato baked, 1 cup broccoli steamed. stuff the chicken and broccoli in the potato it is sooo good!
Snack: 12 cherub tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 1tsp olive oil, 1/4 red onion, 1 clove garlic and a little salt and pepper


I treat the percent goals like a puzzle. I try to figure out what I can eat that will get me closest to fitting the puzzle perfectly.

If you live in the Villa Rica Georgia area, there is this really cool thing that happens every Tuesday from 3:45-5:45pm at Villa Rica High School. The doors next to the media center are open and when you turn right there is the theater room…. and a farmer's market! For $20 you can get all the veggies you need for a week! How cool is that, and it supports the theater program! This is through the Scholastic Market Day. I went yesterday and just look at the loot!
So I normally do all my planning on Wednesday and shopping on Thursday (payday). But when I heard about this market I went there and then planned around what I bought…. I still have to go to the market tomorrow and finish out my shopping of course but it was a wonderful start! Tomorrow I will post what my meal prep looks like and how I prepare for an entire week.

Thank you for reading and remember if you are looking for a Beach Body Coach I would love to help you in your journey to a healthy you!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment