Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2 Great Finds!

I found two wonderful things, Farmers Market Baskets and Banana Oat Muffins!

First, Farmers Market Baskets, this is amazing if you live on the west side of Atlanta. They are based out of Kennesaw but they do drop off delivery baskets!

I bought the $25 membership for the year and visited the market today.

At the market I spent $17 and got a bunch of free bananas that were over ripe, so that is what the next part of the blog is for. I bought, 4 organic apples, 2 organic pairs, a back of organic black berries, a pack of organic strawberries, a bunch of organic asparagus, organic yellow squash, and organic tomatoes and cherubs!

So after seeing that loot, I went home, went on the website and ordered the large organic basket for $35 which I can pick up next Tuesday in the Brookstone neighborhood, that is the closest drop off point near me.

I encourage visiting the website Farmers Market Baskets, they are also on Facebook!

Second, Bannan Oat Muffins! I adapted this recipe from traditional Banana Nut Bread.

Ingredients:
3 over ripe banans
1/2 cup organic apple sauce
1 cup quick cook oats
1 cup sugar
1 cup flower
1 tbs vanilla extract

Pre-heat oven to 350.
Mix in a large bowl.
Grease a muffin pan, I use all natural extra virgin olive oil.
Sprays like PAM, even the olive oil ones have soy product.
Equally distribute the mix into the muffin pans.

Let cook for 35 minutes or until you can cleanly dip a toothpick in and out.
Let stand for 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!


Thanks for reading,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment