Saturday, March 8, 2014

Low Country Boil and a night with Friends

Tonight, I made a low country boil and enjoyed the company of our very good friends, Jason and Erin and their three awesome kiddos.
 So, what went into this fantastic meal? Two pounds of shrimp, red potatoes, corn, and hot turkey sausage with a bag of Zaterians craw boil.  Do NOT follow the directions on the bag! If you are making this meal for this many people, use at least 12 cups of water in an extremely large pot! I also add a cup of white wine to help peal the shrimp. Bring the water to a boil, add potatoes and corn, let boil for 30 to 45 minutes checking the softness of the food. Add already cooked sausage, then add raw shrimp peel on and let simmer for 6 minutes. Drain and serve!
 The kids had hot dogs, I know, I know, that is not clean eating but c'est la vie. We also had french bread.
 This is one of my favorite cocktail sauces, no preservatives, no add ins and absolutely delicious!
 Our friend Jason and his two boys.
 My husband Clay and my son James.
Our friend Erin holding their 3 month old baby girl.

Moral of the blog, you can eat clean and still entertain! We enjoyed a lovely night, eating fantastic food and having awesome company. I hope you all enjoyed your Saturday as well.

Thanks for reading,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment