Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Farmer's Market Baskets and Kale Chips!

Well, today I picked up my first basket from Farmer's Market Baskets! I ordered the large organic basket for $35.70. I was not disappointed! It was a little strange pick up at Brookstone, is at someone's home but Lori, the lady that lives there, is super nice!

Looks like a good size bag right? Lets talk weight cause this was heavy!

This is what was inside!
2 heads of romaine lettuce
1 bushel of spinach
1 bushel of kale
1 bushel of asparagus
1 cucumber
1 onion
1 red bell pepper
1 tomato
2 leamons
1 bunch of bananas
4 pairs
4 oranges
4 apples
Normally priced (at Kroger) for all this organic…….. grand total of $65!
Yep I'm a die hard customer now!

Secondly, I had no idea what to do with Kale. None. However, one of my teammates, Molly, had mentioned making Kale chips this week. So I thought, sure lets do that!

So first, pre-heat oven to 300. Next rinse your Kale and then dry it, dry it, dry it!! Don't forget DRY IT! As dry as you can possibly get it!
Then, remove it from its "ribs" (the middle part) and cut into 1.5 inch bits.


After that put it in a bowl and mix with olive oil and salt. You really want to get the olive oil over every little piece so it won't "bruise" in the oven. Place on parchment paper, do not double Kale up! Bake for about 12 minutes, let cool for about 30 seconds and enjoy!


I was super surprised at how much I LOVED it, and the boys too, Clay, not a fan but the man won't eat salad either so c'est la vie. I was also informed it does not store well so only make what you will eat!

Thanks for reading,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment