Friday, March 7, 2014

Want to know why March is one of the most important months of the year?

Did you know March is National Nutrition Month? There are articles and blogs lighting up with how to be more nutritious…. but I want to take a second to talk about something very important to me. More than just clean eating, organic foods are making a huge comeback in our local grocery stores.

Now we have all heard pesticides are bad for us, preservatives are bad for us, and GMO's are really really bad for us, but what are we going to do about it? Yes, organic is expensive, but guess what? When you eat non genetically altered food the food taste better and fills you up longer! Andrew's allergies forced us into a nutrition world I never would have found on my own.

How can you make eating organic affordable? You all know I plan meals out a week in advanced, what you may not realize yet is that I design my dinner plans to contain many of the same ingredients.

For example:

Thursday: Chicken, Baked Potato, Broccoli
Friday: Chicken Fried Rice
Saturday: Low Country Boil
Sunday: Chicken, Potato, Broccoli
Monday: Tacos
Tuesday: Jambalya
Wednesday: Chicken, Baked Potato, Broccoli

All the chicken I prep before hand so it makes dinner easier and buying multiple packages and dicing them up makes it stretch farther. I am using shrimp in two of the recipes: low country boil and jambalya. I am using hot turkey sausage in both the low country boil and jambalya.

This week is particularly repetitive on the chicken, baked potato, and broccoli normally my dinners are not so but Thursday was just me and the boys and Wednesday the same story so my husband (Clay) is only getting one night of chicken, baked potato, and broccoli. And I LOVE baked potatoes stuffed with chicken and broccoli!

These are not crazy hard recipes either. Most people think, oh my gosh, organic! That has to be so hard! Or you haven't had anything good to eat in a month!? Wrong! Most of the things you love to eat, you still can, its just finding a new way to make them. Tomorrow I will be posting how to make the low country boil and on Tuesday I will be posting the jambalya.

If you feel like you would like more information than what is here I would love to coach you! Just follow the link and sign up for free. I do not get paid to coach, there has been some misdirection on that. I do however give it my all and will help you in any way I can, and if I can't, I have a wonderful group of coaches that can help get me the answers to you.

Thank you for reading!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment