Friday, March 21, 2014

Dinner and a Movie

Balance, is key to life. We need it to survive, we need it to enjoy. Tonight I had a wonderful healthy meal with my husband and mom, and then my husband and I enjoyed popcorn at the movies with our friends. Balance.

So Dinner:

My mom and I both enjoyed a grilled chicken breast toped with sautéed mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a worcestershire sauce, with a side of roasted cauliflower, and roasted asparagus.

It was amazing!
Clay enjoyed a sirloin steak with wild grain and brown rice, he tried (and actually liked roasted cauliflower), and roasted asparagus. He also marinated his steak in worcestershire sauce.

And the movie…. we went to see Divergent with our friends Scott and Laura, who also read the books. Of course any movie being adapted from a book will have to make some changes to make the movie stand on its own, but the changes were awesome, and I felt added to the over all effect. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the special effects were outstanding. They did a fantastic job showing the emotions from the book translating to film. I also enjoyed my movie theater popcorn, though my stomach is not so happy with me now…. I'm thinking probably because of the butter, dang dairy!

Anyway, the point is, you can make healthy changes and still live a "normal life." You can still enjoy going out with your friends. 80/20 rule people, its important.

Thanks for reading,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment