Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Chicken, White Sweet Potatoes, and Roasted Cauliflower

Last week when I went to pick up my Farmer's Market Fresh Basket, I received white sweet potatoes. 

I have never had, let alone made, white sweet potatoes so I did what I do every time I get something I have no clue how to cook, I messaged Susan. I asked her to ask her amazing cook of a husband, James. James's recipes are so delicious sometimes I feel guilty eating certain foods. 

So tonight's dinner:
My amazing husband, Clay, grilled, to absolute perfection, chicken breasts.
I sautéed up some white onion, garlic, and baby portabella mushrooms in some Worcestershire sauce.
It was amazing!


As for the white sweet potatoes:
We cubed them up, sprinkled them with extra virgin olive oil and cinnamon.
Cooked at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes.
I added a little salt too, I loved the sweet and salty combo!
These were literally gone in minutes! The boys, myself and Clay LOVED them!


Roasted cauliflower is one of our favorites!
I put the cauliflower in a corningwear dish sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and salt. 
Cook for about 40 minutes at 450 degrees.


This entire dinner was 352 calories per person here is the break down:
1 chicken breast 
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
5 tbs white onion
2 cloves of garlic
5 oz baby bella mushrooms
1 white sweet potatoe
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups roasted cauliflower
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (between your potatoes and cauliflower)

Enjoy!

Thanks for reading,
Tiffany



No comments:

Post a Comment